I drive the 2015 CADILLAC ATS4 COUPE… ‘Cause it’s a @Cadillac and that’s just the way it goes… fast #ATSCoupe #Cadillac #LuxuryCoupe @ShadBalch
Recently, the boys and girls from Cadillac asked me to come out and drive the all new (not in showrooms yet) 2015 CADILLAC ATS4 COUPE. The plan was to head up PCH from SanMo and have lunch in Ojai. After a presentation for a couple of Detroit’s Caddy experts, I jumped in an ATS4 All Wheel Drive and hit it. Right off the bat, I noticed the unique growl of the exhaust and eager to get goin,’ that brought out a big smile. But the surprise of the day regarding this Lil’ RoadKiller was the steering. Responsive and Nimble just didn’t cut it. It felt like a true extension of my arms and fingertips. Loved it.
At 31MPG Hwy, this luxo cruiser did well and despite my desire to launch from every stop sign, the 16Gl Tank didn’t deplete too much. It’s a fun car that you DON’T feel guilt about. You can get stats in a million spots, so let’s talk design…
The weight is the same as the sedan, but this Coupe felt light and agile and the overall design reflects it. Raked, sculpted, aggressive yet not egotistical, the design theme made me feel like I made a good choice and that I know that the freshness will last. Grateful for that as many cars get old in their sculpture quick. But the crispness of the lines felt futuristic, yet consciously unique. Starting at $38K, you can have one of these babies for a song compared to most Luxury Coupes. And this one is the lightest one in it’s class. Want to spend a little more and you just get faster and more opulent.
VERY BIG THANKS to Caddy for having me out and for the lunch in Ojai at The Ojai Vally Inn. I haven’t been back there since I used to work there in the early 80′s. Whew. Times have changed… and so has Cadillac.
Is @HYUNDAI poised to fight Toyota with this Prius Killer… #hybrid #electriccar
Not confirmed yet, but this slick concept from Hyundai leaves me drooling. (Not excessively…) But it’s got nice lines and a very interesting series of forms. Let’s hope it isn’t for 2020 and a bit sooner.
Booosh… HOLLYWOOD HEROINES are your answer #pinup #art #illustration #sincity #gatlingirls
Twang! My Guitar sounds like FUTURETECTURE!!!!!!! #architecture @architect #designer #cityscape #structure
DRIVING THE FUTURE… Best Designs of the Day #Bikes #2016Camaro #AlfaRomeo #SnowCat #WheelChair @Lexus @MINI
Fireball’s ACTION MOVIEBITS… #StarWars7 Sets #RushHour4 #MI5 #AntMan #LondonHasFallen #Posters
• These shots of TATTOOINE, R2 & the newSTORMTROOPER design are… Star Warsy. But we’ll take what we can get. Thanks, JJ.
• Jackie Chan wants to make RUSH HOUR 4 and EXPENDABLES 4 as long as the scripts are good… Yea, not fun if the scripts ‘r lame. So, no DinoBots.
• Ving Rhames is back for MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 5… Like it would be impossible without him.
• ANT-MAN begins production today… You can watch, but it’s really tiny.
• OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN sequel LONDON HAS FALLEN is underway… How can the same thing happen to the same guy? John McClane
• Raccoon Concept Art from GUARDIANS… Badass.
• Posters… TERMINATOR, REVENGE OF THE GREEN DRAGONS